Source of inspiration: The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Chicken
– Two chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
– Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
– Two eggs
– Salt and black pepper
– Olive Oil
Cut and pound chicken breasts to achieve an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in the flour, dip in beaten eggs and then coat evenly with the crumbs. In large frying pan, heat olive oil until hot. Add chicken and fry. Turn once when first side is golden brown and crispy.
– Feeds about three to four people.
– Adjust heat as necessary so you don't burn the crumbs
– Excellent when cut in strips and tossed in a salad